This week I caught a Swarm and all really worked like in the textbook. So I felt the need to write a few lines about it.
- Local bee swarm (I was there in 7 minutes)
- A super nice person calling in the bee swarm
- Bees were in a tree just on chest hight with concrete below. This makes it so easy for the bees to find their way to the queen from the floor.
- The swarm dropped into the bee bucked like a charm. ==> Not too many panicked bees at the time of drop.
- The ~1000 bees left in the tree and in the air all seem to get the message of where the queen moved to and within 20-30 min almost completely moved in with her into my bucket, it was a true sight of beauty how nature works beautifully. (The march of the bees)
- During the drive home in my Fiat 500, the bees stayed in the back and did not bother me or freak out in any way.
- After being dropped into their new home, they accepted it right away and started building out their new home almost on arrival.
- Beautiful. I love bees, try to help as much as I can, one bee at a time.
Here is a short Video of the March.